Sunday, August 5, 2012

Welcome to the Cellar!

Welcome to my blog!

I am excited to announce the release of my first book, Cellar Dwellers: the Worst Teams in Baseball History, which is being carried by Scarecrow Press (A divsion of Rowman & Littlefield).

The book recounts the misadventures of baseball's wretched (but sometimes loveable) losers. From the 1899 Cleveland Spiders, who were so bad they were forced to play most of their games on the road, to the 1952 Pittsburgh Pirates, who often filled their lineup with inexperienced teenagers, this work will be sure to interest both serious and casual fans. There are plenty of books out there about the all-time greats. This one provides a refreshing alternative.

Currently, it is available online through Amazon and Barnes & Noble as well as the Scarecrow Press website. Other smaller booksellers are carrying it as well. Be sure to pick up a copy!

In the months that follow, I will be sharing some of my unpublished notes from this project along with various other thoughts and anecdotes. I welcome your input and look forward to talking baseball (past or present) with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment